Monday, September 10, 2012

A little introduction


The first thing you should probably know about me: I’m five feet tall. that’s it. No five foot one inch, or even five foot and a half inch. I come up to most people’s armpits, which is not the most glamorous place to be. I have a stepstool in my kitchen and constantly have to ask my very tall, very patient boyfriend to get things for me. 

My nickname is Lil’ Bit- it was originally given to me by one of my patients at my previous job, then kind of came along for the ride when i switched over. It’s fitting, i think- better than being called “the cute little girl” or “the dainty one” all the time. (by the way, i hate that word. I’m not “dainty”… i’m fierce.)



I’m obsessed with baking. I taught myself how to cook and bake and i’d like to think i’m pretty good at it. Cakes, cookies, cupcakes, biscuits, pastries- i do it all from scratch. Boxed mixes are not welcome in my home, period. They’re icky.
I also cook quite a bit, and try to make as much from scratch as i can to avoid the chemicals and MSG in most pre-packaged foods. No, i don’t make my own flour or pasta because i am a full time student and work almost full time, but i do what i can.
My boyfriend and I are also huge DIYers- we love to repurpose things we find to match our style and be functional in our home. If we can find it for cheap (or even better, free) we’ll probably adopt it and give it some love.
So yeah, i’m basically the mini martha stewart over here. I’m hoping this blog can serve as a place for food, clever ideas, frugality, and humor. Good things are coming, people. good things.
Holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment